Digital Communications Lead
Location: Toronto, ON
Application timeline: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Click link below to apply.
Contract dates: July 1st, 2019 (flexible) - October 31st, 2019 with the opportunity for continuation and advancement.
Salary Range: $40,000 to $47,500 per year, subdivided to a ~4-month contract.
About Future Majority
Future Majority is a national nonpartisan non-profit, founded in 2018. Our mission is to amplify the concerns of young Canadians so that EVERY candidate, politician, and party are advocates for our priorities. We set the agenda and impact policy by demonstrating our electoral strength and organizing ourselves in the places that matter most to politicians.
During the 2019 Federal election, Future Majority will be working across 15 Canadian campuses to engage young voters around issues that unify our generation. We believe all political parties will have to pay attention to the issues young voters care about in the areas where there are large concentrations of young people.
Future Majority is seeking a creative, passionate individual to drive our digital engagement with young Canadians in the upcoming Federal election.
The Digital Communications Lead will work under the guidance of the Executive Director to amplify our electoral campaign through digital storytelling, build a following of 20,000 users, develop content to engage a membership of 60,000 to 80,000 young Canadians, support Future Majority’s field efforts to turn out tens of thousands of students to vote and build Future Majority’s grassroots donor program.
The candidate we are looking for is: An organized, goal-oriented individual who can use digital tools to communicate complex ideas in an accessible way. We’re looking for a content creator who will amplify the urgency of voting among Millennial and Generation Z communities. We care less about what’s on your resume, as long as your ability to tell stories with digital tools, attention to detail and excitement to build a brand is on point.
- Social media management: Develop and execute Future Majority's social media engagement, predominantly on Instagram and Facebook. This includes content creation, testing, analysis, and review.
- Campaign communications: Working closely with the field director and organizing teams to create email, SMS, video, and Instagram content to support their on the ground field efforts. This includes not only creating compelling digital content to call our members to take action, but also train organizers digital storytelling best practices and engage the public more broadly in our electoral work.
- Digital Fundraising: Work with the Executive Director to develop Future Majority’s digital fundraising program to recruit new monthly donors to support Future Majority.
- Ad optimization: Optimize the costs per acquisition of new members through up to $25,000 in digital ads.
- Training: Serve as a senior trainer for a weeklong organizing boot camp; develop and run training sessions on digital media engagement and recruitment strategies.
- Post-Secondary Education (University or College).
- A genuine passion for social change.
- Experience managing social media campaigns, particularly on Instagram and Facebook.
- Experience writing clear, persuasive copy, quickly.
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Embraces experimentation, takes initiative and leads on identifying opportunities.
- Experience creating original content with video, photo, graphic design, and written copy.
- Ability to speak French an asset.
Future Majority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are striving to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender or identity. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, young people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.