Deputy Field Director, Future Majority
Future Majority is searching for a Deputy Field Director to drive our engagement with tens of thousands of young Canadians on campuses throughout Canada.
The Deputy Field Director will work under the guidance of the Executive Director to develop a team of 10 volunteer regional field leaders and 150 activists who will commute to campuses and volunteer during the early voting period to help turn out tens of thousands of young voters to the polls this election.
In addition, the deputy field director will help coordinate the logistics of a weeklong organizing boot camp in August and serve as a senior trainer.
This position will be based in Toronto, and will require some travel. The ideal start date is early June and will run through October 31st with the possibility of continuation and advancement.
About Future Majority
Future Majority is a national nonpartisan non-profit, founded in 2018. We embolden the collective voice of young Canadians to shape the nation’s policy agenda for a more economically equitable and environmentally livable future.
Future Majority is engaging young Canadians on campuses, as all political parties will to pay attention to the issues young voters care about in the areas where there are large concentrations of young people.
The Deputy Field Director will work closely with the Executive Director to develop and execute Future Majority’s field model to recruit volunteer hubs in cities and towns near Future Majority’s target campuses, organize these activists to volunteer during the early voting period and coordinate grassroots actions and fundraising events.
Major components of the position include:
- Work as part of the senior staff team to develop and implement the classroom and field training curriculum for new trainees.
- Serve as a senior trainer for a weeklong organizing boot camp; run training sessions on grassroots organizing skills and strategies.
- Develop partnerships with citizen-based organizations in cities and towns in close proximity to Future Majority’s target campuses.
- Recruit, train and develop teams of activist hubs in target cities and towns.
- Coordinate regional trainings, grassroots action/fundraising events at Future Majority’s regional hubs.
- Post-Secondary Education (University or College).
- Demonstrated commitment to social change.
- Minimum 2 years full-time non-profit experience, with a proven track record in grassroots activism/election organizing and volunteer and staff management.
- Strong staff and program management skills; proven ability to work within a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to tell a compelling story and connect with people is a must.
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to speak French an asset.
Salary & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $40,000 to $47,500. The position will run until Oct 31st 2019, with the opportunity for continuation and advancement.
Future Majority supports and encourages diversity and equity, and we are striving to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender or identity.Apply now