Deputy Digital Director, Future Majority
Future Majority is searching for a Deputy Digital Director to drive our digital engagement with 60,000+ young Canadians.
The Deputy Digital Director will work under the guidance of the Executive Director to build a membership of 60,000 to 80,000 young Canadians, support Future Majority’s field efforts to turn out tens of thousands of students to vote and build Future Majority’s grassroots donor program.
In addition, the deputy digital director will help coordinate the logistics of a weeklong organizing boot camp in August and serve as a senior trainer.
This position will be based in Toronto. The ideal start date is early June and will run through October 31st with the possibility of continuation and advancement.
About Future Majority
Future Majority is a national nonpartisan non-profit, founded in 2018. We embolden the collective voice of young Canadians to shape the nation’s policy agenda for a more economically equitable and environmentally livable future.
Future Majority is engaging young Canadians on campuses, as all political parties will to pay attention to the issues young voters care about in the areas where there are large concentrations of young people.
The Deputy Digital Director will work closely with the Executive Director to develop and implement Future Majority’s digital communications to build Future Majority’s membership, support our field organizer’s field organizing and develop Future Majority’s donor program.
Major components of the position include:
- Work as part of the senior staff team to develop and implement the classroom and field training curriculum for new trainees.
- Serve as a senior trainer for a weeklong organizing boot camp; run training sessions on grassroots organizing skills and strategies.
- Social media management: develop and execute Future Majority's social media engagement, predominantly on Instagram. This includes content creation, testing, analysis, and review.
- Ad optimization: Optimize the costs per acquisition of new members through up to $25,000 in digital ads.
- Digital Fundraising: Develop Future Majority’s digital fundraising program to recruit new monthly donors to support Future Majority.
- Campaign communications: Working closely with the field director and organizing teams to create email, SMS, video, and Instagram content to support their on the ground field efforts. This includes creating video training content for organizers and volunteers to broadcast our digital actions through personal calls to action and testimonials.
- Post-Secondary Education (University or College).
- Demonstrated commitment to social change.
- Experience managing social media campaigns, particularly on Instagram.
- Experience writing clear, persuasive copy, quickly.
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to speak French an asset.
Salary & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $40,000 to $47,500. The position will run until Oct 31st 2019, with the opportunity for continuation and advancement.
Future Majority supports and encourages diversity and equity. We are striving to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender or identity.Apply now